Sunday, February 05, 2006

Happy Birthday, Dear Blog!

Today is the official one-year birthday of Butterfly Books Blog! Joy, joy, happy, happy! I am amazed that I've actually made it this far, as I was uncertain I'd be able to fill a blog once a month for an entire year. I can't say that I havethe Butterfly Bookstore that I was hoping to open one day in Maple Valley, the land without a bookstore, but, I've not given up, and I am still holding on to the dream of one day being a bookstore maven with my own place. I also never thought that this years Superbowl, which I avoided last year by starting a blog, would be starring our own Seattle Seahawks! Hurrah! GO HAWKS! Having interviewed Mike and Kathy Holmgren for the Mercer Island Reporter years ago, I can honestly say they are the nicest folks you'd ever want to meet, just wonderful people with good hearts. I think Mike deserves a new Superbowl ring for all his hard work getting our Seattle team into shape and getting them through a record year. Meanwhile, I just re-read "Adrian Mole's Secret Diary, Aged 13 and a half" which I though was hilarious and reminded me that the horrors of being a teenager are universal. I also finished "Pompeii" which was assigned for the Between the Covers book club at the library. It was a story told from the perspective of an aqueduct engineer in the Roman era, and it was a bit hard on all the nobility and their unseemly ways. I also just finished a movie called "End of Summer" with Jacqeline Bissett and Julian Sand and Peter Weller. It was supposed to be a romance, but it was rather melodramatic and took a strong look at the classcism of American Society (and religious hypocrisy) at the turn of the century in a way that was both profound and sleazy. I am reading Wynonna Judds autobiography now, and reading Mercedes Lackey's "The Fairy Godmother" and enjoying both. I am halfway through my 39th journal and will doubtless have to start #40 in March, probably by St Patricks Day. I hope that everyone has a great week, and this year, I actually plan on watching the Superbowl, and cheering on the guys in the blue and green uniforms, so I won't be able to blog here during the festivities. Go Seattle!

No comments: