Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A Funny Book About Weight Loss

I need a copy of this book ASAP!
It really speaks to what I am going through right now...ah, if only I had a Costco membership, or better yet, Penny's job!

Pennie Picks: Such a Pretty Fat


Pennie Clark Ianniciello, Costco's book buyer, has picked Such a Pretty
Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look
Big, Or Why Pie Is Not the Answer by Jen Lancaster (NAL, $14,
9780451223890/0451223896) as her pick of the month for January. In
Costco Connection, which goes to many of the warehouse club's members,
she wrote:

"If 15 minutes of laughing burns 10 to 40 calories, I recommend Jen
Lancaster's Such a Pretty Fat as a New Year must-have weight-loss tool.
The memoir, Lancaster's third, chronicles her quest to lose weight. She
succeeds, but not without some swearing, body aches and a few
late-night, Ambien-induced online purchases.

"Lancaster's sometimes caustic wit had me laughing out loud--and nearly
falling out of my chair. I imagine I'm not alone in relating all too
well to her experiences with gyms, weight-loss programs and wavering
self-control. Whether Lancaster's words hit home or not, I dare anyone
to read this book and not laugh."

No comments: