Sunday, February 02, 2014

Happy 9th Birthday, Dear Blog

Today, Superbowl Sunday, 9 years ago I was bored by all the football on TV, so I decided to start a blog about my passion, books, reading and authors.
This year, my hometown team, the Seattle Seahawks, WON the Superbowl, so I was watching the game instead of writing a blog entry.
So, YAY Seahawks, and it's about time we had a winning team!
And sorry that I haven't had the chance to write an entry until now.
I think I've discussed a wide variety of books, people and whatever came my way during the past 9 years, and I am pretty proud of my nearly 400 posts to date.
Meanwhile, I've survived 3 straight days of Crohn's flares, and I've also managed to get my closet excavated so that I could put two of my bookshelves in there, and attempt to get it to look like this:






I hope that someday I will be able to afford to have one of these in the living room in front of the bay window and also have my bedroom closet transformed to look somewhat like this (without the green paint of course).
Oh, and I am hoping to get another box of books in the mail tomorrow, which will make a small dent in my 2014 Wishlist.
That Wishlist includes:
Jeeves and the Wedding Bells
Archetype
The Invention of Wings
The Lost Girls of Rome
Eighty Days
Fever Moon
Netherworld
Stone Cold
Dad is Fat
The Museum of Extraordinary Things
All seasons of "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" on DVD
and the latest Atticus the Druid tale from Kevin Hearne, as soon as it's available.

Sharon Lee's latest Carousel book is on its way to me, as is the Ransom Riggs "Peculiar Children" sequel, plus a book about cats for my Mum, and a story of the War that I don't remember the name of, as well as Susanna Kearsley's Every Secret Thing.
So far, it's been an exciting month full of changes, and hopefully it will continue to be a great reading month.

No comments: